Sierra Leone Antiquity

State House

The State House is the official residence and official workplace of the President of Sierra Leone. The State House is home to the office of the President of Sierra Leone. The State House is also home to the offices of senior presidential staffs and aides to the president of Sierra Leone. The State House is located at State Avenue, Tower Hill, in central downtown FreetownSierra Leone.

The State House is guarded by the Presidential Guard unit who maintains 24 hours daily protection of the State House. The Presidential Guard is made up of a special unit of Sierra Leonean soldiers of the Sierra Leone Armed Forces, and a special unit of Sierra Leonean police officers of the Operational Support Division (OSD) of the Sierra Leone Police Force.

The entrance to the State House is closed to the public and only authorized persons or vehicles are permitted to enter the State House.

The president senior staff members have their offices inside the State House, including the office of the current president Chief Minister, Chief of Staff Presidential press secretary, the office of the Aide de Camp to the president, the office of the Sierra Leone Ministry of political Affairs, the office of the national security adviser to the president, the office of the senior political advisors to the president, and the office of the senior economic advisers to the president, among others.

The State House was built in 1895 and was initially referred to as Fort Thornton. In the colonial days, it was the residence of the Governor of Sierra Leone. It became the official residence of the Prime Minister of Sierra Leone from 1961-1971. Since 1971, the State House has served as the official residence and principal workplace of the President of Sierra Leone.

Related posts

Madam Yoko

gleanernewspaper

Old Fourah Bay College Building

gleanernewspaper

Parliament of Sierra Leone

gleanernewspaper

Leave a Comment